When I crawled out from my rock of hiding
I saw all things under a whole new lighting
I thought even then I was living with the lion’s mane
The truth is I still fought not with teeth but with tail
Lost I took a wrong turn off the plain
Even as I saw myself on a dark trail
I continued to sting using only my tail
Though the lion is also brave
The scorpion has his stave
A man can be both kind and cruel
To others and himself he may be a fool
An odd creature he is, that can change
Yes we can be changed, we cannot be tamed
You see there is needed a catalyst
Yes I see it
It will set us free
Yes I see it
There is a light coming down from a heavenly tree
If only to get there, all new men we are now
And once again new we will be
I feel the weight of life bearing down
But even now there is a hope that resounds
It is light it is love, all things from above
Now so fast my lion heart beats
Even as my scorpion body bleeds
The lion’s mane from that wound leads
Right up until the end
A message the light will not send
Even as the lion is bursting forth
Only when it comes will my heart head north
There is a battle for the grounds of you too
Listen to the light it’ll set you free soon
Okay, so my thoughts now that this one has been up for a few days or so. I feel like first and formost it's a bit disappointing that I've fallen into this rut of writing the same sort of introspective, animal metaphor, sort of stuff, I've done this a few times now. I know that I like this sort of style, but I want to branch out a bit, I feel like it is getting redundant. Aside from that, I like that it rhymes, this is not typical for me, although I like to rhyme, I just don't seem to do it all that often, so that's refreshing. Over all I enjoyed writing this one, but I'd like to by and large move away from these sort of poems, encrypt my messages a bit more and stop using so many animals... haha, I dunno, we'll see...
ReplyDelete